Centura Health has more experts in more places throughout the region. Start your health journey by finding the right one for you.
If you are concerned about your blood pressure, call your doctor or call 303-777-6877 for a referral.
1. Which of the following is the most desirable blood pressure reading?
a) 130 / 90
b) 180 / 110
c) 140 / 80
d) Lower than 120 / 80
2. The main cause of high blood pressure is:
3. Which of the following groups has the highest rate of high blood pressure?
b) African American
d) Asian/Pacific Islanders
4. A person with high blood pressure:
a) Has high cholesterol
b) Has a high risk of stroke & heart attack
c) Has a nervous condition
d) May experience erratic heartbeats
5. High blood pressure medication is usually prescribed to be taken:
a) Under stressful situations
b) As a lifelong way to manage high blood pressure
c) When activities require physical exertion
d) Whenever a patient feels bad
6. Which of the following is more likely to contribute to your high blood pressure?
a) Physical activity
b) Salt/sodium intake
c) High cholesterol level
d) Ice cream
7. Major risk factors for heart disease and stroke (other than high blood pressure) include:
a) High cholesterol
c) Family history of heart disease
d) All of the above
8. Which of the following may be dangerous for people with high blood pressure?
a) Physical activity
c) Cold & flu medications
9. If you or a close blood relative has high blood pressure, you have a higher risk of stroke. Do you know which of these is a stroke warning sign?
a) Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
b) Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
c) Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
d) Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
e) Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
10. I know my blood pressure numbers and what to do to keep my blood pressure in a healthy range.
American Heart Association
Our search tools require a zip code to match the location nearest you.