ENGLEWOOD, CO (May 31, 2012) – Centura Health and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children have signed a letter of intent for St. Francis Medical Center, part of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services in Colorado Springs, and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children in Denver, to explore options for collaboration and integration that enhance pediatric services across the region.
Both Centura Health and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible, and will explore opportunities to collaborate to provide specific resources and services for children and families that support development of shared programs that complement and expand clinical services.
FACTS AND STATS:
- Centura Health is focused on creating a total solution for health care delivery, promoting quality care through evidence-based medicine and best practices, and increasing convenience through multiple access points, within a service-friendly environment, at an affordable cost.
- Centura Health is committed to building systems of care that connect our operating entities and health care partners via a seamless network of excellence, delivering health care when and where they are needed.
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children (RMHC) is a system of pediatric care extended to acute care hospitals through a rigorous affiliation agreement process. RMHC hospitals agree to provide consistent, high-quality, and experienced pediatric care by adhering to a comprehensive set of guidelines and requirements.
- Centura Health’s South State Operating Group comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center in Colorado Springs, St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center in Pueblo and St. Thomas More Hospital in Canon City, treats more than 25,000 pediatric patients each year in its four emergency rooms and hospitals across Southern Colorado.
- “When we considered potential partners for providing the best quality, accessibility, service and cost in comprehensive care for children, it was very clear that Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children was the logical choice,” said Gary Campbell, president and CEO, Centura Health.
- “Centura Health and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children share a common vision and commitment to providing excellence and innovation in caring for our youngest patients close to home,” said Margaret Sabin, president and CEO of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services and president, South State Operating Group. “Through this letter of intent, we will explore options to take advantage of our organizations’ shared strengths and opportunities while enhancing the quality and scope of pediatric services available to children and families across Southern Colorado.”
- “It’s a privilege to explore expanding care for children in collaboration with such a valued and respected medical facility,” said Mimi Roberson, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children CEO. “Our alignment with St. Francis Medical Center will focus on increasing access to care for families and providing pediatric specialty support to primary pediatricians and family medicine doctors in Colorado Springs.”
- Margaret Sabin is available for on-camera interviews on Thursday, May 31, 2001 from 2:30 – 3:00 pm at Penrose Hospital, 2222 North Nevada Avenue, in Colorado Springs. Please contact Chris Valentine, director of public relations and community affairs, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services, at 719-776-5250.
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorado’s health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Health’s integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it – close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.