Living With Cancer
Education Seminar Series:
- This group meets once a month on the fourth Tuesday of each month and will provide patients and families wilh all variations of cancer the opportunity to participate in an educational group that provides information on various topics related to cancer. This group will provide a specialized guest speaker related to the topic. Each month the speaker will provide a brief presentation on the topic followed by time for questions and discussion. For more information on each month’s guest speaker and topics, please contact Jamie Benton, MSW at 303-734-3991 for more details.
- Guest Speaker Sessions the 4th Tuesday of every other month from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Breast Cancer Support Services:
Breast Cancer Support Group: This support group meets once each month on the second Tuesday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in Conference Room 3. This support group is open to any woman at any stage in her breast cancer experience to meet socially with other breast cancer patients and hopefully gain support and perspective. This group also provides free daycare services by Littleton Hospital volunteers during goup meetings. This service needs to be requested at 303-738-7787. Please contact Ellen at 303-738-7787 or Jamie at 303-734-3991 for more details.
- Breast Cancer: The nurse navigator is available to patients having any breast concerns or procedures. For patients diagnosed with breast cancer, the navigator can assist them to find the treatment that is best for them. The many treatments and treatment options can be a confusing maze for the newly diagnosed. The navigator is a breast cancer survivor as well as a Certified Breast Care Nurse and understands the journey from both sides. For more information, call Ellen at 303-738-7787, write her an e-mail or click to view the Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator page.
Palliative Care Services
- Jamie Benton, MSW, and Mary Murray, RN work together as the primary palliative care team members at Littleton Adventist Hospital. Their services may be requested through a physician during any hospitalization. Palliative Care services can also be provided during outpatient office visits at Mile High Oncology. You may contact Palliative Care by dialing 303-738-2605 or click to view our Palliative Care page.
- Hereditary Cancer Clinic: At the Hereditary Cancer Clinic, a genetic counselor performs cancer and genetic risk assessments and counsels individuals and families about their chances for having an inherited condition in their family as well as the cancer risks to other family members. The genetic counselor also coordinates genetic testing, if warranted and helps patients adapt and cope with the implications of their genetic test results. For more information or to make an appointment, please call Lisa Mullineaux, MS, CGC at 303-734-3969 or click to be taken to our Genetic Counseling page.
Individual and Family Counseling:
Oncology Education, Support and Resource Services: Jamie Benton, MSW, offers personal counseling education and resource guidance for patients and their families. You may ask your physician to refer you to the social worker or contact her directly at 303-734-3991.