Lactation Clinics & Individual Support
Littleton Adventist Hospital offers a breastfeeding class, breastfeeding support clinic, as well as individual breastfeeding support. Lactation Consultants or Certified Lactation Educators teach our Breastfeeding Classes. Some of these instructors are also Lactation Consultants at Littleton Adventist Hospital.
- Breastfeeding Class - Before your baby is born, we encourage moms and their birth partners to attend this one-night class to learn more about breastfeeding techniques to better prepare them for the birth of their baby. See a complete class schedule here.
- Breastfeeding Support Clinic
The lactation consultants at The BirthPlace offer a breastfeeding support clinic that includes a breastfeeding assessment, baby weight checks, support and education in a small group setting.
Dates and Times: Mondays (no holidays); 1-2 p.m.
Cost and Registration: This is a free clinic. RSVP to 303-734-8744 by 9 a.m. on the day of the clinic. Class may be cancelled if less than 4 people register for a class. We will notify you by phone at least 3 hours before the class if it has been cancelled.
*Please bring a pillow or boppy and your breast pump.
- Individual Breastfeeding Support
Individual consults are available for $60, by appointment only. Our certified lactation consultants are available to support you seven days a week, either by phone or by outpatient visit; call 303-734-8744 for more information.
Getting it Right After Delivery: Five Hospital Practices That Support Breastfeeding
-Marianne Neifert, MD, FAAP
A recent Colorado survey data has identified these five specific hospital maternity practices that significantly increase breastfeeding durations among mothers of healthy infants.
- Infants to breastfeed within one hour of birth. Infants to be held skin to skin during this hour.
- Infants stay in the same room as their mother.
- Infants are fed only breast milk and receive no supplements.
- No pacifier is used.
- Staff gives mothers a telephone number to call for help with breastfeeding.