Patient Grievance Process
Patient Grievance Process at Littleton Adventist Hospital
Our staff and management team at Littleton Adventist Hospital are committed to going above and beyond to provide you with the best experience possible during your stay with us and to ensure that you are comfortable and safe.
In support of creating an optimal patient experience our staff members are encouraged and supported to promptly resolve any concerns our patients or their family members may have. If you have questions or a complaintplease let your care provider know right away. S/he will do everything possible to address your inquiries and resolve concerns as quickly as possible.
If your care provider is unable to answer your questions or address your concerns:
Please ask to speak with the charge nurse, assistant nurse manager, or unit manager and s/he will address your questions and work to resolve your concerns. Every department in our hospital also has a director who is available and willing to speak with you to address your questions and concerns.
If you have accessed the personnel resources listed above and your questions are not answered or your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction:
- During regular business hours – Monday through Friday – please ask for our patient representative. Our patient representative is here for you to serve as your liaison should you have a concern or grievance regarding your service or quality of care.The phone number is (303)738-7781 or 4-7781.
- During evenings, holidays and weekend hours, please ask for the administrative coordinator. To reach him/her dial "0" or (303)730-8900 and ask the operator to connect you to the administrative coordinator.
You may also direct unresolved complaints by written letter to:
Littleton Adventist Hospital
c/o Patient Representative
7700 South Broadway
Littleton, CO 80122
After receipt of your grievance our patient representative or designee will contact you or your designee within three days. An investigation of your grievance will be initiated to include appropriate staff and management input.
The patient representative or designee will continue to work with you or your designee, associates and physicians to resolve the issue and notify you or your designee within seven days of the investigation findings or of need for ongoing investigation.
If the investigation is completed within seven days of the receipt of grievance, the patient representative or designee will send a letter to you or your designee containing the following information:
- Investigation findings and actions taken to resolve the issue to your or your designee’s satisfaction
- The patient’s or patient’s designee’s right to forward the grievance up to an LAH executiveadministrator for further review
- The patient’s or patient’s designee’s right to have the grievance forwarded or forward it themselves to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or The Joint Commission (CDPHE, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80246-1530, phone 303-692-2827 or The Joint Commission, 1-800-994-6610.)
If the grievance is forwarded up to an LAH executive administrator, that administrator’s findings will be reported in a letter to you or your designee within ten days. If you or your designee is dissatisfied with the executive’s report, you or your designee will be notified of your right to have the grievance forwarded or to forward it yourself to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or The Joint Commission.
If the investigation is not completed within seven days, the patient representative or designee will contact you or your designee to provide a status report. Upon completion of an investigation that takes longer than seven days, the patient representative or designee will send a letter to you or your designee as explained above.
Please note: The Patient Grievance Process excludes Patient Account/Billing issues.If you have financial issues or questions, please contact Centura Consumer Operations at (303)715-7000 or toll free at 1-888-269-7001 or refer to the phone number provided to you on your billing statement.
ADA Compliance/Non-Discrimination Statement
Centura Health complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and no person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in the provision of any care or service on the grounds of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual preference, ancestry, age, familial status, disability or handicap.